Just about two weeks ago, I began blogging (gaining motivation from Likhte Likhte, who also happens to be my friend 🙂 ) and I can happily say that it has been a really joyful experience so far. In my initial days, I stumbled upon Daily Post’s Zero to Hero: 30 Days to a Better Blog Challenge and I’m so glad I did. I accepted the challenge right away and have successfully reached Day 12. The challenge is connected to Day 11 which was to leave comments on at least three new blogs. Day 12’s assignment is to write a post that builds on one of the comments you left yesterday.
During the process, I came across Kitchen Cici’s latest post – Rosemary Cheese Bread. I really liked the recipe. I have attempted to make bread before, but never quite succeeded. Therefore, I decided to give it another try, using her basic recipe with a few changes of my own.
Bread making is a little time consuming, but at the same time really exciting as well. It is so nice to see a ball of dough transform into something so divine!!
This is what you’ll need:-
BREAD FROM SCRATCH
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 3 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, coriander (You can choose a topping or filling of your choice)
- ¼ cup milk for brushing
1. Add lukewarm water to the yeast and sprinkle some sugar to activate. Give it a mix and keep aside for 2 minutes.
2. In a bowl mix flour, oil, salt and sugar. Add in your activated yeast, knead well and form a ball of dough.
3. Place your bowl in a warm place. I put in the microwave. Leave it to rise for approx 1 hour, or until your dough doubles in size.
4. Now this step is where you decide what kind of bread you’d like to make.
For dinner rolls, roll the dough length wise and tie a knot. There is also a stuffed bun in which I filled cheese and sun- dried tomatoes and garlic. The other one is a mini loaf of garlic bread and the rectangular one is a pizza puff!! You can braid you dough for a different design or simply put it in a baking tin. You can shape it into just about anything!! 😀 . After shaping, brush them with a little milk for shine.
5. Place it into a pre-heated oven at 150 degree centigrade for about 40 minutes.
I had a wonderful time baking it, hope you all do too!! 🙂
I recommend Zero to Hero to all the bloggers out there, who are seeking to make their blogging experience a fantastic one.