This is my all time favorite recipe. I really enjoy preparing it and of course eating it up!! 😛 It is slightly sweet, tangy and has a little bite to it.
This is what you will need :-
TOMATO ONION CHUNKY CHUTNEY
- 4 medium-sized red tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar (cuts the acidity of the tomatoes)
- Salt to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add green chili and garlic. Let them release their flavor.
2. Add in your red onions and sauté until translucent. Add a little salt to quicken the process.
3. Throw in your tomatoes. Add tomato ketchup, red chili powder, sugar and salt to taste. Give it a stir; put the lid on and cook on a medium flame for about 15 minutes or until tomatoes soften up.
4. You will know it is ready, when the oil separates from the tomatoes.
It is that simple. 🙂