I really like the taste of bell-peppers with a dash of lemon and a little salt. Only this time, I tried them with a legume.
Review at home: Refreshing.Nutritious.Tasty!
Feel free to add any of your favorite veggies/fruits as per you liking. 🙂
BLACK-EYED BEANS FRESH VEGGIE SALAD
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas (pressure cook ½ cup legume in 2 cups water with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp cumin seeds, for approximately, – 2-3 whistles)
- ½ cup each red, yellow, green bell-pepper
- 4-5 florets of blanched broccoli (add broccoli in hot water and a pinch of salt for two minutes and strain)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chili
- Freshly ground black-pepper
- Roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of half a lemon or more
- Salt to taste
1. Toss all of the above ingredients and serve! So quick 😀 ! Especially, when you have all your ingredients in place.
Happy tossing! 🙂
I am linking this recipe to Tinned Tomatoes for the No Croutons Required Challenge