It has been quite a while since I’ve been looking for a way to make easy cream cheese. Fortunately, I did come across good articles on the internet which led me to create a nice cream cheese recipe for myself. I tried Mango Cheesecake & Chocolate Cheesecake with the same recipe.
This is what you’ll need:-
HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE
- 2 litres milk
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice/ a quarter cup curd (whichever is available)
- 1 tbsp hung curd
1. Bring the milk to a boil.
2. Add lemon juice or curd to curdle the milk (you can even use whey if you like). Stir for a while.
3. Pass it through a strainer and keep aside to cool. (Don’t throw the whey. You can use it in your gravies and curries. It just enhances the flavor of your dishes. You can also knead your dough with it).
4. Put the cottage cheese in a mixer grinder along with hung curd and give it a mix. Add a little whey if your cottage cheese gets too tight. You can also pass it through a sieve if you are looking for a smoother texture.
5. Now, after this step you can add sugar and a flavor of your choice in case you are making a cheese cake, mousse or any other dessert.
6. You can also add salt and pepper to it and use it as a sandwich spread or in your salad as a dressing.
Your options are unlimited. Follow your taste buds and use this wonderful ingredient to create a tasty food item that makes you feel proud!