Who wouldn’t like to munch on something so delicious, so satisfying, so crunchy —> CHIPS? Well, at least I am sure, not someone who is reading this post. 😉 I think, sometimes it is okay to nibble on the so called ‘not so healthy food’. Right? I mean, it reminds you of so many glorious edible creations existing on this planet. They are so addictive and clearly no one can eat just one! It is like your hands feel this magnetic force coming from the chips…they don’t seem to pull away. 😉
I wanted to share this easy nachos recipe with you all, just so you can enjoy and share this amazing goodness with your loved ones. I have made this recipe quite a few times now and I don’t seem to get enough of it. They are fun to make. You can even involve little kids; give them cookie cutters to give shape to their chips. It doesn’t have to be triangular every time you know. Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
This is what you will need:-
EASY HOMEMADE NACHO CHIPS
- 1 cup Maize (corn) flour
- ¼ cup Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seed powder (optional)
- ¾ cup water to knead the dough
- Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine maize flour, wheat flour, salt and roasted cumin seeds powder (dry roast 1tsp cumin seeds in a pan for about 30 seconds. It will release its aroma, which is when you will know they are done. Turn off the flame and grind it with the help of a mortar and pestle) the flavor is incredible. Add water little by little and knead it into a fine dough.
2. Divide the dough in four equal parts. On a flat surface place a cling film/plastic sheet and take 1 part of the dough and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
3. With the help of a knife/cookie cutter cut into desired shapes.
4. Prick it with a fork to avoid fluffing up in oil and in turn making the nacho chips crisp (tongue twister :p).
5. Lift each piece carefully and drop them into hot oil, pressing them downwards.
6. Once they are nicely fried, serve these yellow golden color crisps with your favorite dips. I couldn’t help but nibble on them while preparing them in batches.
For the cheese dip– Take 2 tsp cheese spread( I used black pepper flavor), 1 tbsp milk, 1 pinch red chili flakes, few sprigs of spring onion leaves finely chopped. ( Feel free to add any of your favorite ingredients). Microwave for 15-20 seconds and mix well.
For the chili garlic dip– Take 3-4 fresh cayenne pepper roughly chopped, 1 medium sized red onion roughly chopped, 3-4 cloves garlic. Add it to your mixer grinder with 1-2 tbsp water and form a smooth paste. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add paste. cover lid and cook for 10 minutes. Add salt to taste and 1/2 tsp sugar. Give it a mix. When the oil comes to the top, turn off flame and set aside to cool. Add 1 tbsp vinegar. Store in a clean, sanitized air- tight container.