I love hard shell tacos. The crunchiness, juiciness – the combination with all the cheese and the fresh veggies…. It is like a circus going on in your mouth! 😉 Without doubt it is a messy and fun snack to devour. It has been quite a while since I’ve been meaning to make this delightful recipe; the plan just kept on getting delayed. It is a very quick and light recipe to prepare.
Best part about this snack is you are free to add your favorite ingredients like corn, mushrooms, olives, whatever suits your taste buds best. Make these papadums in advance and store them in an air-tight container. Hope you all like the idea. 🙂
This is what you’ll need:-
EASY HARD-SHELL TACOS WITH PAPADUMS/PAPAD
- 2 Papadums (papad)
- Fresh Veggies- I have used tomatoes, cabbage, red onion and green capsicum
- Red Kidney Beans (Re-fried beans/black beans, anything you like)
- Cheese Sauce (2tbsp grated cheese, 1 cheese slice, roughly 2 tbsp milk, seasoning. Give it a mix and microwave for 20 seconds. Repeat for 10 seconds more, if necessary)
- Grated Cheese
1. Place papadum in the microwave for 30 seconds. Give it a fold leaving a little gap. Hold for 5-6 seconds. It will take its shape. Microwave for another 30 seconds. There you go. How quick was that and completely hassle-free. They are definitely not like your typical corn taco shells but they’re quite close and awesome to taste.
2. Fill it with your favorite ingredients and relish!