This is a delicious and creamy dish which is so enjoyable to have. I say enjoyable only because you are bound to use your hands for this. We all know eating with hands is the best way to really connect with food. Biting into the corn on the cob and sucking the juice out from it is a different feeling altogether.
Although, it is up to you whether you want to use corncobs or kernels alone. Either way it a delightful dish to savor. Bell-peppers and corns are a great combination. Feel free to adjust the quantities of the spices used according to your taste.
This is what you will need:-
CORN ON THE COB AND GREEN BELL-PEPPER IN CASHEW NUT GRAVY
- 2 whole boiled corns
- 1 green bell-pepper cut in small cubes
- 1 red onion cut in julienne
- 1/4 cup green chili ginger garlic paste (2 green chilies, 1 tsp chopped ginger, 5-6 cloves garlic)
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 cup cashew nut paste (Soak cashew nuts overnight/5-6 hours and blitz to form a smooth paste)
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp pav bhaji masala (optional)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper garlic chutney
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
1. Add a tsp of salt to water and boil corn in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle. Keep aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafetida. Let it release its flavor.
3. Add ginger garlic green chili paste on a medium flame. Sauté for two minutes.
4. Add onions and a dash of salt. Add a little water if you think the bottom of the pan might burn.
5. Next add in your cashew nut paste and cayenne pepper chutney (optional). Give it a mix and add 1/2 a cup of water. Let it cook for 2 minutes and add fresh cream.
6. Add turmeric powder, salt to taste, pav bhaji masala, red chili powder. Give it a mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes on a medium flame. Squeeze juice of half a lemon.
Add bell-pepper and boiled corns.
7. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes on a low flame. Give it a taste and serve hot with flavored rice or just plain will do too.