There are several ingredients you can add to your noodles. It all depends on the taste that you are looking for at that point of time. For now, chili lemon sauce sounded good in my head, so I thought of giving it a try. It turned out great. The recipe was flavorsome and nutritious too because of all the vegetables I added to my noodles. Although, this time I used store-bought red chili sauce, you can also make chili sauce at home. Here is the link to one of my chili sauce recipes – Cayenne Pepper Garlic Chutney. Lemon juice gives the recipe a fresh taste in place of adding vinegar.
Once again I would say the same thing I do for mostly all my recipes – feel free to add your favorite vegetables and you will definitely end up creating a new recipe which you’ll be proud of. 🙂
VEGETABLE HAKKA NOODLES IN CHILI LEMON SAUCE
- 1 packet Hakka Noodles
- 1 spring onion cut in julienne
- 1 medium sized red onion
- ½ carrot cut into thin strips
- Green, yellow and red bell-pepper cut in julienne
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- A handful of cottage cheese cubes
- 5-6 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- Red chili sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of asafetida
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok and brown the cottage cheese. Keep aside. This step is not necessary. You can skip it.
2. Boil noodles in another vessel while sauteing vegetables.
3. Next, add asafetida, ginger, garlic and green chili. Saute on a medium flame and add onions. Increase the flame. Add salt to taste.
4. Add cabbage and carrot; let it cook for 1 minute or so on a high flame.
5. Add bell-peppers cottage cheese and red chili sauce.
6. Add boiled noodles, lemon juice and spring onion leaves. Mix well. Give it a taste.
The whole cooking process has to go very quickly. It tastes better if you leave your vegetables crunchy. It gives texture and body to your noodles. Moreover, they will taste better too. 🙂