This dish is really simple and will just take you not more than 15 minutes to make it, as it requires very less preparation plus cooking time. It is definitely filling too. I won’t say the dish is healthy as the sauce does have good amount of butter and cream in it. So if you’re on a diet WATCH OUT, and as far as kids are concerned; they will definitely enjoy it. 😉
BROCCOLI RICE WITH COTTAGE CHEESE IN CHILLI GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
- 100 gms Cottage Cheese
- 200 ml cooking cream
- 1 cheese slice
- 1 small broccoli head
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 2-tbsp garlic butter (I have used Amul Garlic Butter here)
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Brown cottage cheese slices in a non-stick pan on both sides. Sprinkle some salt and add a little butter to the pan. Toss and keep aside.
2. In a separate wok add garlic butter and broccoli florets. Cut them into smaller pieces if you like. Add a little salt and ½ cup water and simmer for 2 minutes. Add boiled rice and toss well. Add chopped coriander.
3. For the cream sauce, add butter to a non-stick pan. Next, add finely chopped garlic and chili. Let it release its flavor; then add freshly ground black pepper and cooking cream. Bring it t o a boil. Add cheese slice and salt to taste. Add cottage cheese and mix well.