In continuation with my Simple Salad Series from my previous post TOMATO SALAD WITH ROASTED PEANUTS AND SAUTÉED COTTAGE CHEESE, here’s another easy and flavorsome salad for you all which can be made with everyday ingredients.
For this particular salad, I have not used any other ingredients apart from cucumber and sprouts, as I didn’t want to mask the flavor from roasted bell-peppers while keeping it simple and light on the palate. Go ahead and add fresh ingredients to your liking.
Here’s what you’ll need for Simple Salad #2
Protein Packed Cucumber Salad with Roasted Bell-Pepper Yogurt Dressing
- 1 large cucumber evenly diced
- ¾ cup sprouts (a mix of Mung Bean & Moth Bean)
- 1 finely chopped green chilli For the Dressing
- 1 cup fresh yogurt nicely whisked for a smooth texture
- 1 roasted red bell-pepper finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Add cucumber, sprouts and green chili to a bowl.
2. In another bowl, add yogurt, finely chopped roasted bell-pepper and seasoning. Mix well.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and give it a toss.
- Soak mung bean and moth bean overnight or 5-6 hours. Drain the water using a colander. Cover the colander and leave it for 2 days. You’ll see them sprout in a day’s time. Give it a shake and if it feels dry sprinkle a little water over them to regain moisture. You can even use a muslin cloth in place of a colander for the process.
- Place a wire mesh on the stove and roast the bell pepper on a medium-low flame turning it after every 2 minutes. Use tongs or skewers for the same. Follow this process till it turns black on all sides.
- Put the bell-pepper in a bowl and cover it with a cling wrap for 15 minutes. This will keep the flavors intact and you’ll see how easily the skin will come off. Don’t wash the bell-pepper to remove the charred bits else you’ll end up losing its flavor.
- Make a slit and remove the top and excess seeds. Chop finely.
To make sprouts
To Roast Red Bell-Pepper