This salad that I’ve made here can be considered as a whole meal as it’s packed with the goodness of greens like spinach and broccoli, protein-rich soya granules and honey mustard dressing prepared with my fresh Homemade Mustard Sauce.
Switch veggies as per your liking. My main aim here is to use everyday ingredients in different ways than they’re generally used.
Click here for my previous posts on Simple Salads
Here’s what you’ll need for Simple Salad #3
Warm Pasta Salad with Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 1 medium-sized diced tomato
- 1 cup soaked soya granules
- 5-6 blanched broccoli florets (place broccoli florets onto a glass plate and sprinkle water over it. Put it in the microwave for 40-50 seconds)
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach For the dressing
- 2 tbsp mustard sauce (refer to my previous post for a step-by-step Homemade Mustard Sauce recipe)
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add tomatoes, soya granules, spinach, cooked pasta and a little pasta water if it feels a bit dry. Mix well on a medium-low flame for a minute or so.
2. Leave it to cool for 5 minutes.
For the dressing – Add mustard sauce, honey, olive oil and seasoning to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss well.
To cook soya granules – Soak ½ cup soya granules in hot water along with salt to taste for 10 minutes. Strain the soya granules and squeeze excess water out of it.
Happy Cooking 🙂