This right here is a super easy pasta recipe. I think it’s healthy to an extent, well if you omit the butter 😀 and can be prepared in very little time. Garlic pairs really well with spinach and walnuts give the dish a nice crunch. Roast the walnuts before adding them to the spaghetti if you like. Do give this recipe a try and feel free to adjust the quantity as per your liking.
Here’s what you’ll need:-
Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce
- 250gm spaghetti
- 11/2 cups spinach purée
- 4-5 cloves of roughly chopped garlic
- 1-2 roughly chopped tomatoes or 7-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tbsp butter (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Add raw pasta to boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook for 7-8 minutes or as per packet instructions. Drain the pasta and keep aside.
2. For spinach purée, add thoroughly washed spinach leaves to a pan on a medium-low flame and press it down. Give it a gentle stir till the leaves wilt and shrink. It will just take 2-3 minutes for a bunch to wilt.
3. Next, add the wilted leaves to a mixer grinder and blend well. Keep aside.
4. For the pasta, heat oil in a shallow pan. Keep the flame on medium-high. Add in the butter followed by garlic and tomatoes. Toss well for a minute or so.
5. Add in the spinach purée we had kept aside. Stir well.
6. Next toss in the spaghetti and chopped walnuts. Give it a good mix. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Serve hot.
I’m listing a few more quick and easy recipes you might like:-