This dish is really simple and will just take you not more than 15 minutes to make it, as it requires very less preparation plus cooking time. It is definitely filling too. I won’t say the dish is healthy as the sauce does have good amount of butter and cream in it. So if you’re on a diet WATCH OUT, and as far as kids are concerned; they will definitely enjoy it. 😉Continue reading “Broccoli Rice with Cottage Cheese in Chilli Garlic Cream Sauce”
Since the past one week, it has been raining here almost everyday. The cool and breezy atmosphere instantly demands you to have a good cup of hot drink along with delicious nibbles. These muffins make an excellent pair with nice strong coffee. The orangey soft centre combined with the intense flavors of chocolate and vanilla just makes the whole experience so satisfying and for that moment it just makes you want nothing more!Continue reading “Ganache Filling Eggless Duet Muffins”
These fritters are definitely for people who are fond of spicy food. The heat from the fresh green chilies hits you right on the palate combined with the sweetness coming from the corn kernels and onions along with the mellow flavor of mozzarella cheese. They all blend really well with each other resulting into an amazing recipe!Continue reading “Sweet Corn and Cheese Chili Fritters”
This again is a very quick and easy recipe to prepare. Fried potatoes give it a much more different taste along with sauteed spinach and gooey mozzarella cheese and cream. All ingredients blend really well with each other and barely requires any cooking time. It is a perfect breakfast delight. Feel free to adjust the quantity of the ingredients as per your liking.Continue reading “Cheesy Potatoes and Spinach on Toast”
This is a delicious and creamy dish which is so enjoyable to have. I say enjoyable only because you are bound to use your hands for this. We all know eating with hands is the best way to really connect with food. Biting into the corn on the cob and sucking the juice out from it is a different feeling altogether.
Although, it is up to you whether you want to use corncobs or kernels alone. Either way it a delightful dish to savor. Bell-peppers and corns are a great combination. Feel free to adjust the quantities of the spices used according to your taste.
This is what you will need:-
CORN ON THE COB AND GREEN BELL-PEPPER IN CASHEW NUT GRAVY
- 2 whole boiled corns
- 1 green bell-pepper cut in small cubes
- 1 red onion cut in julienne
- 1/4 cup green chili ginger garlic paste (2 green chilies, 1 tsp chopped ginger, 5-6 cloves garlic)
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 cup cashew nut paste (Soak cashew nuts overnight/5-6 hours and blitz to form a smooth paste)
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp pav bhaji masala (optional)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper garlic chutney
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
1. Add a tsp of salt to water and boil corn in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle. Keep aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafetida. Let it release its flavor.
3. Add ginger garlic green chili paste on a medium flame. Sauté for two minutes.
4. Add onions and a dash of salt. Add a little water if you think the bottom of the pan might burn.
5. Next add in your cashew nut paste and cayenne pepper chutney (optional). Give it a mix and add 1/2 a cup of water. Let it cook for 2 minutes and add fresh cream.
6. Add turmeric powder, salt to taste, pav bhaji masala, red chili powder. Give it a mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes on a medium flame. Squeeze juice of half a lemon.
Add bell-pepper and boiled corns.
7. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes on a low flame. Give it a taste and serve hot with flavored rice or just plain will do too.
Now, why would I name this dish lazy? I could have simply called it Dahi Aaloo (Potatoes cooked with curd) or something like that. It was only after I assembled my ingredients and got down to chopping, I realized I barely had anything to chop for this dish. No peeling and dicing potatoes! Very little chopping involved. Otherwise, in most cases preparing for the dish takes more time than cooking it. It is a perfect recipe for someone is looking for a less preparation dish.Continue reading “Lazy Creamy Potatoes- Indian Style”