It’s Christmas time, which means the best time of the year has arrived 😀 and Christmas would be incomplete without food and sweets. I really wanted to share a nice recipe with you all which would be easy to prepare and suitable for this holiday season as well. My friends and I wanted to make something with avocados. We could have easily gone with our good old Guacamole, instead we decided to make these easy cheesy toasts which I am really excited to share with all my readers over here. Hope you all give it a try and enjoy it as much as we did.Continue reading “Easy Cheesy Avocado Toasts”
Since the past one week, it has been raining here almost everyday. The cool and breezy atmosphere instantly demands you to have a good cup of hot drink along with delicious nibbles. These muffins make an excellent pair with nice strong coffee. The orangey soft centre combined with the intense flavors of chocolate and vanilla just makes the whole experience so satisfying and for that moment it just makes you want nothing more!Continue reading “Ganache Filling Eggless Duet Muffins”
Sweet. Crunchy. Chocolatey. Orangey.. All these things packed in one Chocolate Bar and that too easily made at home with very simple ingredients. Roasted Oatmeal gives it the required crunchiness in every bite combined with the slight sweetness of condensed milk. It is definitely an interesting plus healthy sweet delight!
As known to all, oatmeal is very well known for its many beneficial factors like it helps lower cholesterol, encourages slow digestion, gluten-free etc. I have used orange flavor cooking chocolate over here for this recipe. Feel free to create your own variations by shaping them differently or using a different flavor cooking chocolate.Continue reading “Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Bars”
Whenever I crave for donuts, memories always take me back to my initial visit to Tampere, Finland in 2008. Before that I didn’t know what donuts really tasted like and now, they are one of my most favorite edible foods on earth. 😉
There is this very old and famous place in Tampere called Pyynikki. They have a park there named Nakotorni, which has an Observation Tower built in 1929, replaced by the old tower dating back to 1888. The old tower was damaged during the civil war in 1918. There is a lovely café at the bottom of the tower that serves the best bestest donuts (Munkki in Finnish) along with tea/coffee for 2euros.Continue reading “Reviving Old Memories | Mini non-fried Donuts”
Ever gotten high on Chocolate? I sure have 😉
Try making this soft and spongy chocolate cake with Ice-cream and Oreo Biscuits — You’ll know what I’m talking about. This dessert plate will definitely take you to cloud 9.
Baking a cake can be a really daunting thought for a newbie. It sure was for me. I always took help from my sister until one fine day, I finally decided to bake one all by myself. Thankfully, all went well and since then it has just been a cakewalk for me 😉 . Once you understand the basic recipe of the cake, you will be able to experiment with different cake flavors very easily. Everybody has their own personal recipe for their cakes. I took the basic cake recipe from my elder sister and keep making changes accordingly. Hope you all enjoy this version of mine. You can increase the quantity of sugar if you like. I prefer to keep it less.Continue reading “Eggless Chocolate Cake with Ice-cream”
When it comes to cooking delicious food, always make sure never to compromise on good quality ingredients. Try your best to find the the best possible quality available. There are so many different kinds of rice. If you want each cooked grain of rice separate from one another, it is important to use rice of a good brand.Continue reading “Burnt Ginger Garlic Vegetable Fried Rice”
Who loves Ferrero Rocher Chocolates? I do..I do!! Well, how about in the form of muffins? From the moment I added hazelnuts to my chocolate muffin batter, all I could think of was… yes, you’re right…the lovely Ferrero Rocher chocolates! They definitely taste like it!!
Hazelnut is my favorite form of nuts mainly because of its intense flavor. They are rich in protein, unsaturated fat, contain a considerable amount of thiamine and Vitamin B6, thereby, making them very nutritious and healthy to consume. If you love the hazelnut chocolate combination, I am sure you will enjoy these spongy chocolatey muffins!!
This is what you will need:-
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT MUFFINS
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda (Soda Bicarbonate)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup refined oil
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup ground hazelnuts
- ½ cup milk For the frosting
- 80 gm fine dark chocolate
- 100 gm hazelnuts
- 3 tsp powdered sugar (can be adjusted)
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp oil,
- 1 tbsp fresh cream (Combine well in a mixer grinder to form a rough paste)
Step-I Roast and Peel hazelnuts
1. Roast at 180 degree centigrade for 10 minutes giving it a toss at regular intervals.
2. Let them sit for 5 minutes. Place them in a damp muslin cloth and give them a rub.
Step-II Baking Muffins
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Grease the muffin tray and keep aside.
2. In a bowl sift refined flour, baking powder , baking soda (use all-purpose flour if available in place of these three ingredients) and cocoa powder.
3. In another bowl whisk sugar and refined oil together until it turns light and creamy. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Next, add in the milk and flour mixture. Combine well.
5. Add in your ground hazelnuts and mix.
6. Take spoonfuls of batter and pour it in your muffin tray. Only fill 3/4th of the moulds, giving it enough space to rise.
7. Place it into the pre-heated oven for 20-25minutes (time may vary a little). Set them sit for a while.
8. I had a little leftover batter (roughly 2tbsp) and made a mug cake. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds on medium and yum!!! It is ready to eat.
Step- III For the frosting
1. Melt dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Give it a mix. Place in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
2. Combine well with hazelnut paste. Add a little hot milk depending on the required consistency.
3. Top the frosting on the muffins with the help of a piping bag and bite into the chocolatey hazelnut goodness!!
Happy Baking! 🙂
14th February – A day to celebrate love; also coincides with my mother’s birthday. Definitely, there was going to be a cake. I only had to decide which flavor it was going to be. Surfing through my kitchen, I stumbled upon ginger flavored honey. And there— I was ready to give it a try.
The cake turned out moist. Flavor of ginger was coming right through, combined with the natural sweetness from the honey. I did not add any sugar in this recipe, so I believe that cut down a few calories—thereby, making it healthier. 🙂 In this recipe I have used store bought Ginger Honey. If you want to use fresh ginger honey, go ahead! In case, you’re wondering how to make it? You can go here. There is an easy to follow method on this lovely blog accompanied by beautiful pictures.
Ready to spread some baking love? 😉
This is what you will need:-
EGGLESS GINGER HONEY CAKE
¾ cup plain flour
¼ cup milk powder
A little less than ½ cup ginger flavor honey
1 cup unsalted butter/fresh cream
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch baking soda
¼ cup milk
½ tsp pineapple essence
1. Grease your baking tin and keep aside. Turn on oven at 150 degree centigrade.
2. Dry Ingredients- Combine plain four, milk powder, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and keep aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk unsalted butter/fresh cream, ginger honey and pineapple essence together.
4. Add your dry ingredients to the honey ginger mixture little by little. Keep adding milk and form a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter into your greased tin and place it into your pre-heated oven.
6. Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes with a toothpick.
Took a little help for the writing bit from my elder sister. I admit, I need a little practice to write better on cakes 😉
Enjoy this naturally sweet cake with a hot cup of tea! 🙂
I believe this recipe is a healthy to eat version of a typical cheesecake, as it has no cream. It contains high amount of protein coming from cottage cheese. Click here for my homemade cream cheese recipe. I had an enjoyable time making it and also, looking at the joy it brought on everybody’s face at home was delightful!! 🙂Continue reading “Chocolate Cheesecake”
Lately, Orange Marmalade has been everybody’s favorite at home. It was my elder sister, who came up with the idea of using it to bake a cake. I thought I could give it a try. Turns out, the cake did show good results. It was a happy ending indeed. 🙂 I feel it makes a perfect tea cake.Continue reading “Orange Marmalade Cake”
These cupcakes are very easy to make. Vanilla Bean Paste gives them a really intense flavor. They are eggless, hassle-free and take no time at all.
Here’s what you’ll need:-Continue reading “Vanilla Bean Cupcakes”