This recipe is really healthy and has very subtle flavors. It can be had with any Indian gravy or on its own as well. Freshly ground black pepper gives this rice a really nice punch. If you like, you can add more spices and veggies to it. Adding curd to the rice gives it a very mild flavor.Continue reading “Paneer Pepper Garlic Rice”
Mushrooms and rice go really well together. You can add various other vegetables like green beans, carrots, cauliflower, etc. to make a different version of your own. I usually don’t like to keep a fixed recipe. Most of the times I add ingredients according to my taste buds at that point of time. That way one can come up with fresh recipes every single time. Hope you all like this one. 🙂
This is what you will need:-
½ cup Basmati Rice
1 cup diced button mushrooms
1 medium-sized red onion cut in julienne
2-3 garlic cloves
1 green chilli
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
¼ cup diced capsicum
2-3 sprigs of fresh coriander
3-4 black peppercorns
Shahi biryani masala (Everest)
1 pinch asafetida
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp clarified butter
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Salt to taste
- Heat clarified butter in a vessel. Add cumin seeds and asafetida. Saute on a medium-high flame.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Next, add onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add button mushrooms
- Next, add rice, biryani masala, black peppercorns, salt to taste and around one cup water.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook on a medium low flame for 5-7 minutes. Check at regular intervals. Add more water if required. Give it a taste to see if rice is properly cooked.
- Add fresh lemon juice and finely chopped coriander. Have with any nice Indian gravy or curd.
Happy Cooking! 🙂
A few of my lovely readers have been insisting me to prepare Indian dishes for my blog. One of my friends mentioned she was looking for some good kofta curry recipe. I suggested I’d make the dish and post it here. A little bit of preparation time is required for making the koftas. Once you’re through with that it takes no time at all for the rest of the preparation. It tastes best with rice. Best part about Indian dishes is that you can add your own favorite spices in different quantities. If you like spicy food, add more green chili. You can vary spices according to your own taste. 🙂Continue reading “Basic Paneer Kofta Curry”