This recipe I have come up with is really simple. It requires very little cooking time and can be made in a jiffy. It is definitely nutritious, and we all know how healthy greens are for your body. Feel free to add your own veggies for your toppings like zucchini, mushrooms and bell-peppers. Red and yellow color would just make the topping more colorful and appealing. Green chili gives the topping a slight kick which is good. Do give it a try. It is delicious. 😉 Adjust the quantity of the ingredients according to your liking.
This is what you will need:-
Ingredients (Makes 3)
11/2 cup broccoli
1 medium-sized red onion (roughly chopped)
1 finely chopped green chili
A handful of green beans
A few sprigs of coriander
3 tbsp fresh cream
Grated Processed Cheese
1 tsp Olive Oil
Chili flakes, freshly cracked black pepper and salt for seasoning
- To make the topping, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add onions and green chili. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and sauté on low-medium flame until translucent.
- Next, add green beans and broccoli. Sprinkle a handful of water and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. We want the keep the filling slightly crunchy. You can even blanch them beforehand and add them to the onions along with rest of the ingredients.
- Add fresh cream, seasoning of your choice and grated cheese. Mix well and add coriander.
- Place the topping on your toast. You can even use toasted garlic bread. Butter it and toast well.